This is a modified and fluffier version of our original cheesecake recipe, which you can find here.
Never too late to join the "Shredding for the Wedding" support group. You can find it on Facebook under "DYW Shredding for the Wedding" or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved! Thanks for watching! Don’t forget to like and subscribe!
Basic Recipe for 6-inch cheesecake pan (Double recipe if making 9-inch pan)
9 oz Fat Free Greek Yogurt (Fage 0%)
8 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese (Philadelphia) @ Room Temp.
1 Egg Yolk
4 egg whites- whipped until stiff peaks form (DO NOT use cartoned egg whites)
1/2 Cup No-Calorie Sweetener (Stevia)
¼ tsp Salt
1/2 Scoop Protein Powder (We prefer Metabolic Nutrition or PeScience)
2tsp extract (Vanilla, Almond, Coconut, Rum, Lemon, etc.)
*For peanut butter cheesecake, you will need 1 serving (3 TBSP) of peanut butter powder
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Combine yogurt, cream cheese, and egg yolk in a stand-up mixer, or using hand mixer. Mix until well-blended and creamy.
3. While mixer is running on low, slowly add in sweetener, salt, protein powder, and extract of your choice. If you are making peanut butter cheesecake, add in 1 serving of powdered peanut butter at this point.
4. Once all ingredients are well-blended, combine cream cheese mixture with whipped egg whites, using a rubber spatula to FOLD the whipped egg whites in gently and thoroughly. Do not over-blend.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased 6-inch spring-form cheesecake pan. Place into oven for 30 minutes.
7. After 30 minutes in the oven, reduce heat to 200 F and bake for 50 more minutes (may require more time if middle is still jiggly).
8. Remove from oven and let cool thoroughly (1-2 hours).
9. Top with any preferred crunchies or munchies (toasted unsweetened coconut flakes, berry mixture, crunchy rice cakes, graham cracker dust, etc.) or leave it plain and ENJOY for only 145 calories per slice!
*If you like your cheesecake less fluffy, add less egg whites (this will impact macros so adjust accordingly).